TikTok is the next frontier in social media for influencers, marketers, and advertisers. This unique platform provides new opportunities to appear not only for individuals but also for brands. In 2020, TikTok looks like it could become a major player in just about every market in the world.
What is TikTok?
TikTok is a Chinese social media video-sharing app. It has grown tremendously over the last year. It encourages its users to upload short videos. Most of Musical.ly users simply uploaded videos of themselves lip-synching to music videos. So, the more enthusiastic, talented, and technically proficient members uploaded videos of original content and became the influencers on this platform.
How is TikTok different from other social apps?
Instead of giving preference to friends or promoted content, this network has a “For You” section that lists only videos that a particular user might like. The mechanical application algorithm constantly learns what each user is interested in and provides only content that is relevant.
There are 4 ways to advertising on Tik Tok:
- In-feed nativ video. 9 – 15 second video ads that show up on “For you” section.
- Brand takeover. Video ads, gif or image that allow brand to dominate on specific topic.
- Hashatg challenge. create sponsored hashtags to encourage user-generator content, generate users and attract influencers.
- Branded lenses. Build 2D or 3D lenses that users can test by themselves.
Important notices for business
- If each of your entries is different, that’s the key to success.
- Another important thing for the business from a creative point of view is to integrate the product as if it appears in the recording not for advertising purposes, but as a real, not directed content of the video.
- Challenges or types of DIY records are perfect for it! It’s best not to show the product at all, as this audience is extremely sensitive to commercialized content and doesn’t hesitate to press unfollow. So, should better to create a brand atmosphere through humor, aesthetics and topicalities of life.
- The best thing, your content will not require very large budgets. High-level montages or sophisticated animations will not work here. You are filming and editing right here, in the app. TikTok offers a wide range of filters, text, graphics, music and sound effects.
Should I advertise on TikTok?
If you’re sure that your target audience is using TikTok and your brand is capable of creating engaging content on this kind of platform, then it might be the best time to start using this platform. Ultimately, you should focus your marketing efforts on where your customers are.
The fastest growing social network
TikTok enjoys more than 800 million installs! It bulk users are 24 years old and younger. 66% Of its users are under 30. A similar percentage of TikTok users are female.
1 billion video clips are watched on Tiktok per day. One user of the platform spends here about 52 minutes each day! So, where consumers are coming, of course, there is a way for business marketing strategy as well.
TikTok is the only social network that is so popular and does not belong to Facebook.
The best time for business to set up TikTok is now
While all of this may sound strange to more serious businesses and it’s hard to imagine how this platform might work for them, lately, more and more companies are using the TikTok.
One of the most successful examples is the Washington Post with more than 345,000 followers. They create content in their office, with employees, and thus shape the company image.
Also, the Cheddar news channel in less than a year using the TikTok was able to gather a larger audience than all of its Instagram accounts combined in four years.
There’re more famous brands using TikTok
Growth of TikTok advertising
TikTok is expected to become more business-friendly in the very near future. There are actively testing marketing tools. TikTok currently offers three types of paid advertisements: Native Ads, Takeover Ads, and Hashtag Challenge.
How much does it cost to advertise on TikTok?
Just because ads on the TikTok platform are fairly new and rare, it will be more expensive to run ads compared to other platforms. TikTok’s in-feed ads start at an average of $10 per CPM. Expect to spend at least $6,000 on campaigns using in-feed ads.
See you soon,